Corporate Health & Safety Officer needed in based in Bristol and the salary is £21.19 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
This role will involve:
- Monitor health & safety performance within Services including schools where the client is the employer to meet the employer’s statutory duties. This includes developing monitoring techniques, direct monitoring and reporting on actions, escalation of non-compliance concerns.
- Identify needs and enable internal senior departmental management to develop policies and procedures that meet those needs in relation to their undertakings. This includes setting priorities, developing departmental health & safety management plans, and anticipating developments based on statutory health & safety requirements and good practice.
- Identify and help internal management at all levels to implement policy and to manage risk where policy or standards may require interpretation. Provide and develop training or assist in identifying training and development needs as appropriate. Provision of information and briefings where appropriate, and support in managing incidents and their consequences.
- Ensuring good liaison with external bodies, such as enforcement agencies (HSE, Fire Service) partner organisations (NHS, contractors, parish councils, community groups) and also between teams and departments. Liaising with employees and employee representatives, including Trade Union representatives, and advising health & safety committees. Liaison with councillors and members of the public.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Be professionally qualified and hold a relevant degree or postgraduate qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Have relevant practical experience, demonstrating proven management ability if relevant.
- Motivate staff to achieve organisational objectives and successful technical outcomes
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of service specific and professional issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of software packages and in house and systems
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction