Public Protection Officer needed in based in Wrexham and the salary is £27.70ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
This role will involve:
- Undertake duties, tasks, and responsibilities relating to objectives allocated and identified in the Service Operational and Departmental Service Plans which operationally implement the client’s priorities. This will include where authorised to act as an Officer or Inspector under Public Protection legislation on behalf of the client, to ensure statutory responsibilities are properly and effectively discharged
- Collate, organise, analyse and interpret complex information and identify options to determine the most appropriate course of action and implement that action.
- Undertake interventions at premises under relevant legislation. Risk assessment of premises to determine frequency of interventions in accordance with guidance and departmental practice. Record all work carried out in the required format.
- Undertake investigations in response to incoming complaints /intelligence concerning Public Protection matters.
- Instigate action in relation to infringements detected, including seizing high value goods, cash and sensitive documents, unfit food, and closing unsatisfactory food premises seizure of goods and serving suspension notices.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Completion of relevant professional qualification e.g. Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health/Trading Standards and EHORB, Higher Certificate of Food Inspection, Diploma in Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards. BTEC Professional Certificate (Level 4) in Licensing Working towards IOSH, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence
- General knowledge of Health, Safety & Welfare.
- Preparing reports for legal action.
- Develop relationships and partnerships.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Good ICT skills.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services