Senior Graphic Designer
Location: Birmingham or London
Role of Directorate/Department
We are iteratively implementing a Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) Operating Model, delivering quality IT platforms, products and services. Based on industry best practice our insight-led approach will provide the project with the latest Digital, Data and Technology services, delivering ''value for money' to enable business capabilities.
The Product Function own the vision and strategy for multiple products, manage demand, communicate with our stakeholder's community, work with the Architecture Function architecture in the development of new and existing products and services by defining and creating value for users. Ensuring enough capability and capacity is available (e.g. DevOps, Engineering, Quality Assurance (QA) and Test capabilities) to deliver business enabling products.
- To be accountable for working with IT teams and business stakeholders to develop design concepts for multiple, complex internal and external services.
- To be accountable for setting the direction and framework for best practice in graphic element design and in line with standards and accessibility guidelines across the project.
- To be accountable for the delivery of design concepts, production of wireframes and graphical assets in accordance with our standards and accessibility guidelines.
- To proactively identify and recommend potential solutions that could assist in achieving business goals.
- To be a "User Experience advocate", ensuring all digital solutions are designed with the user in mind.
- To be accountable for setting direction, mentoring and assuring the quality of graphic designs and elements for staff within the business.
- Agile working. Ability to identify the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes. Able to help the team to decide the best approach.
- Digital perspective. Ability to apply a digital understanding to a project. Able to identify and implement solutions for assisted digital.
- Evidence- and context-based design. You know how to design systems for use across multiple services and can identify the simplest approach out of a variety of approaches.
- User focus. Ability to give direction on which tools or methods to use to meet the needs of users across a variety of channels.
- Knowledge of Service Design and latest graphic design tools and practices
- Knowledge of IT Operating Model best practice, development and implementation methods and approach
Type of experience:
- Experience of design and delivery of graphic elements for IT services across multiple platforms and products, within a complex or highly regulated environment.
- Experience of production of dynamic digital concepts using a variety of technologies and methods of prototyping.
- Experience of working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment.
The post holder can decide the following:
- Graphic Design standards and processes
- Graphic elements of the services under development
- Recommend solutions and technology choices that are outside agreed roadmap or standards.
The following decisions are referred for approval:
- Changes to the definitive IT service catalogue - Required approval from IT Steering Group.
- Approval of any costs above delegated authority.
- Will work on a range of projects and services at any one time (5-10).
- Applies a wide range of methodologies and tools.
- Works with a range of suppliers and Professional Services Companies.
- Provides solutions used by All business users, both internal and external, while ensuring quality and accessibility.
- Weekly progress updates to Line Manager, Project and Product Managers.
- Supporting IT governance and the application of the Portfolio Governance Framework.
- Supporting the IT Steering Group and providing supporting information where required.
- Close interaction with key stakeholders across the business.
- Ad-hoc meetings with external suppliers and partners.
- Knowledge of latest methodologies and technologies within graphic design.
- The systems landscape in the project is complex and rapidly changing - the ability to rapidly design and deliver a range of solutions to meet requirements is key.
- Maintaining best practice and delivery of high-quality solutions of graphic design elements based on a strong understanding of the diverse and ever-changing user needs within the project.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other