Environmental Health Officer needed in Tower Hamlets £22.18 ph ref:447995
This role will involve:
- Carry a case load ensuring all work is undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures, the highest professional practice and to the benefit of the residents of the Borough.
- Investigate complaints of Noise Nuisance and other pollution issues and take actions to remedy these including prosecution, works in default, seizure of equipment etc. as necessary.
- Carry out specialist Noise and Vibration measurement and provide reports analysing technical data in a way that non-technical readers will understand.
- Maintain and develop specialist knowledge in the specific area of noise and vibration and pollution of the Borough.
- Keep abreast of developments; assess acoustical implications of changes and new legislation, act as an advisor to improve the quality of the Borough’s environment.
- Ensure compliance with current legislation by making decisions on applications and/or dealing with issues as they arise, ensuring prescribed timescales are met and using enforcement and other legal measures such as assuming and exercising statutory authority.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or a Diploma or degree/masters in Environmental Acoustics or relevant acoustic experience
- Up to date knowledge of current work practices and recent developments within Environmental Health Legislation, or noise related to Planning.
- Knowledge and awareness of the issues involved when working within a multi-racial community.
- Understanding of criminal evidential requirements and processes
- Full UK Driving licence
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services