Hello Education are looking for a Teaching Assistant / TA to support Looked After Children (LAC) in a mainstream secondary school based in Sunderland.
The role will involve working closely with the SEND team and supporting children on a one-to-one basis. You will liaise with the school regarding the students’ progress and consider intervention sessions outside of the classroom. These will be directed by the designated Teacher in school.
This is a full-time role that will commence as soon as possible.
To be part of this team you will ideally need to have:
- A Teaching Assistant qualification (although it is not essential)
- A minimum of 6 months school-based experience
- Previous experience of supporting Looked After Children (LAC)
- Experience supporting secondary aged students
- Experience supporting children on a one-to-one basis
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour
Hello Education will be able to offer successful Teaching Assistants / TA’s a friendly and approachable service along with the following:
- Competitive rates of pay
- An experienced consultant who will support you in your placements
- Careers support and advice
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year