Payroll Officer needed in based in Bristol and the salary is £11.27 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 447713
This role will involve:
- To maintain the integrity of all payroll data and records held within financial and manual systems including regular housekeeping routines and the production of analysis and exception reports to ensure the timely and accurate production of payments.
- To process and reconcile all payroll variations starters and leavers prior to timetabled payroll runs (expenses, timesheets, statutory notifications, sickness and maternity deductions, arrears, pay awards, pension deductions & Employee Benefit deductions and honorarium etc) and undertake periodic verification that all such transactions are made in accordance with Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and policies and statutory requirements
- Maintain controls and procedures to ensure all variation processing and their subsequent payment is done securely and efficiently and in accordance with appropriate authorisations, financial regulations standing orders, identifying any exceptions to control for further investigation.
- Maintain the payroll database, ensuring all changes are undertaken in accordance with authorised change controls, recruitment and termination processes.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Experience in payroll administration. Preferably understanding and working experience of Local Government payroll, HMRC Regulations and The Pension Regulator requirements
- Experience of working with iTrent payroll and HR software would be an advantage
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word & Excel
- Ability to interpret and absorb regulations and legislation as well as manually calculate complex payments.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Human Resources