FOI Information Governance Officer needed in based in Kingston upon Thames and the salary is £19.00 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 449225
This role will involve:
- Has an excellent understanding of the Freedom of Information Act, and is able to apply this in practice to FOI requests
- Proven organisational skills , working to tight deadlines across both Boroughs
- Maintains an effective database system for recording, monitoring, tracking, chasing and ensuring all requests are responded to within the statutory timeframes agreed so clients are fully compliant with the requirements of the Act.
- Escalates outstanding requests as appropriate if resolution cannot be reached
- Identifies requests that are sensitive/ political in nature and raises these with the appropriate teams
- Liaise with members of the public in clarifying requests
- Provide guidance to link officers where appropriate on the framing of responses
- Prepares reports and presentations to support other members of the FOI teams to take to DMT’s etc
- Develops effective working relationships with services , in the performance of FOI data which is then subsequently published on the websites
- Assist with maintaining our disclosure log
- Monitoring of performance against KPI’s and providing analysis of data
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Secretarial, PAs, Administration