Exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to play a part in inevitable growth of the electric car industry. As a market leader in vehicle charging solutions we are looking for Lead Estimator to be responsible for managing a team of Estimators/surveyors responsible for the fluid roll out of installations of Commercial units throughout the UK, liaising with Commercial clients and D.N.O.’s (distribution network operator) to fulfil orders in an appropriate timescale.
The role of Lead Estimator:
- Liaise with the Commercial Installations Contracts Manager & Business Development Managers
- Support the existing stakeholders and ensure work tasks are assigned to the most appropriate surveyor
- Onboarding new employees
- Stakeholder liaison
- Support the tender submissions team
- Hold weekly meetings with the Surveyors
- Liaise with clients and DNO’s re. site plans and suitability
- Keep up to date with changes to the industry and relevant innovative products
- Ensure all new electrical installations requirements meet full compliance with BS: 7671 (18th Edition), IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Chargers (3rd Edition) and all relevant legislation (H&S, HERS, APEA)
- Online submission of supply requests through DNO portals and attend associated site meetings as required
- Build working relationships with our approved subcontractor portfolio and beyond
- Full Health & Safety compliance
- Assess required labour and materials for the whole installation (electrical & civils)
- Procurement of materials.
- Liaise with all stakeholders ( engineers, Contracts Managers, H&S team, team support, clients, local authorities, site managers, transport).
- Interpretation of site plans.
- Requesting and downloading known underground services information.
Lead Estimator qualifications/Experience:
- Good I.T skills – MS Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Power BI), Online
- DNO applications, creation of test certificates & handover documents.
- Team Leader experience
- Experience of dealing with D.N.O.
- Good communication skills (face to face, phone, email, video calls)
- Electric Vehicle Charging (EVC) experience
- Driving licence and happy to travel
- Working with others as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills
- Update and complete information from enquiry to quotation issued
- 2394,2395 & 2396 Desirable
- Trained to 18th Edition
- 2D/3D CAD Experience would be beneficial
If you're interested in the Lead Estimator role please apply now or call Michael at Orion Electrotech to find out more.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)