As Engineering manager you will work in a team which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of automated products and their storage and safety functionality.
Imagine the challenges of developing an ultra high throughput automated system that is the size of 4 football pitches. Imagine the challenges of tolerance, scale, static and dynamic loads, manufacturing and rapid deployment for systems of this scale. Think of the challenges of developing a system with all of these requirements that must be "fit and forget" over a 20 year period of 24/7 use. Imagine our latest challenge to achieve all of this within a system that must remain safe and operational after an earthquake. Work on products that are in high demand for deployment across multiple large scale clients sites globally. Consider the opportunities that making millions of components gives you to work on industry leading mass manufacturing methods.
What you will be doing…
- You will be an active member of the Leadership Team proactively driving continuous improvement and capability growth within the stream
- You will be responsible for and lead the newly formed Technical Authorities Team.
- Introducing robust systems engineering practice.
- You will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to meet the challenging current and future ambitions of the company.
- You will be responsible for creating and implementing a model for successful delivery for your team through appropriate insource outsource strategy for innovation, development and sustaining engineering
- You will be a key contributor to the technology roadmaps for the product portfolio
- You will ensure your team provide technical ownership for the product portfolio, providing the focus of product knowledge and the expertise for rapid issue resolution
- You will be responsible for ensuring your team contribute to the generation of intellectual property and innovation
What we are looking for…
Management experience including:
- Well versed in setting strategic direction and successfully delivering on it
- Able to coach, mentor and grow team members with track record of setting best practice and creating a culture of continuous improvement
- Able to identify key stakeholders and build effective stakeholder relationships
- Proficient in personal development of teams, fostering high motivation, happiness and morale
- Ability to resolve conflicts and issues with stakeholders and your team
- Ability to identif growth opportunities and drive successful recruitment and retention for your teams
- Experience planning and managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets
- Experience prioritising and allocating work load across teams
Technical skills and experience as follows:
- Subject matter expertise in one or more areas (for example, but exclusively : complex structural engineering and modelling , fatigue analysis , material science, joining technologies , inspection methods )
- Track record of identifying technical gaps and growing or introducing new technical capabilities into a team or business
- Experience building strong relationships with external subject matter experts and successfully using them to solve complex problems in a business
- Expertise in systems engineering, and embedding the systems engineering mindset into a team
- Examples of positive impact to a product development and launch cycle through the successfully use of systems engineering best practice
- Track record of successfully implementing best practice or process improvement in a complex engineering environment
- Evidence of the ability to work in a fast past changing engineering environment
- Experience as a technical owner with technical accountability for complex engineering products
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other