This particular development team focusses on understanding the science of cannabinoid-related compounds with a specific focus of the safety and efficacy of CBD
The project will focus on delivering business relevant insights on CBD within the inhalation category but may also expand into the support of other applicable areas.
Main duties/accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the team with running core projects
- Complete analysis of samples using wet and physical chemistry techniques according to defined work practices/SOPs or to instructions from Lead Technician/workstream manager
- Comply with company EHS Policies & Practices
- Calibrate & operate laboratory equipment according to SOP's/Methods, with work conducted using the principles of Best Laboratory Practice
- Support the development of new working procedures, methods or practices
- Identify and implement ways to improve processes and methods
- Perform and complete the work activities to the defined plan and expected quality
- Conduct data analysis as required, prepare analysis summaries for management, and present findings as required
Suitable candidates will have a strong scientific/laboratory background and be able to demonstrate a Professional or academic achievement in Chemistry, Biology or a related science up to degree level or equivalent experience.
They will also be able to perform laboratory tasks to a GLP standard and be analytical and problem solvers by nature. Strong attention to detail, proficiency in MS programs and communication skills are also essential for the individual in this role.
It would also be preferable if the individual has skilled use and understanding of instrumental techniques applicable to the measurement of the physical properties of aerosols.
This is an 'on site' position at the modern R&D facility in Southampton and is expected to last a minimum of 6 months but could last longer depending on project demands
Hours: (35 per week)
Exact working hours to be confirmed
£13.20 per hour (PAYE)
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other