An exciting opportunity to work with a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
We are looking for an experiences EHS site safety lead to work on a large project in Ireland, with potential work in mainland Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years experience in a lead role and a M&E background. Data Centre experience is also desirable.
This role is based near Dublin, Ireland and as it is site based candidates will need to be able to commute into the site.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system, communicate to site management in order to close out issues
- Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all new employees or contractors
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available on site, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation
- Manage Safety Advisors / Officers on site
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by employees
- Serve as representative at site meetings and manage the Tool Box Schedule for the project
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site managers team
- Inform and assist site management on the preparation of the safety file for handover to the client at the end of the project
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required
- A relevant EHS qualification
- At least 10 years' experience in construction safety, 4 of these to be in a lead or management role
- Excellent management experience
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other