We have a new vacancy for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor with 2 to 5 years’ experience to join a medium sized construction consultancy that specialise in project and cost management, quantity surveying, management services and CDM.
This a perfect opportunity for an Assistant Level Quantity Surveyor to work on their high end residential and healthcare projects team assisting on a number of projects with some major clients. You will also potentially work on commercial projects which could include hotel and retail schemes.
The desired candidate will ideally have between 2 to 5 years’ experience within an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor position ideally working on Residential or Healthcare projects however, other sectors will be considered. You will hold a minimum BSc or BEng in Quantity Surveying or similar qualification. Candidates studying on day release but with the relevant experience will be considered.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Role
- Assist in the preparation of cost plans, including market testing materials and trades.
- Support in the preparation and compilation of tender documentation.
- Support in the analysis of tender returns, including identifying any errors, omissions and qualifications.
- Issue and manage tender queries to bidding contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement reports and recommendations.
- Assist in the value engineering of schemes during the design stage, including investigating alternative methods of working and material selection.
- Assist in the preparation of robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the Associate prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Assisting in agreeing scheme final accounts
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes, and maintaining internal benchmarking data.
- Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances.
Role Requirements and Qualifications
- BSc, BEng in Quantity Surveying or similar qualification.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience within an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor position ideally working on Residential or Healthcare projects however, other sectors will be considered.
- Candidates studying on day release will be considered depending on experience
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning
- Experience of working on commercial projects is preferable
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Package
- Salary £25,000 to 32,000 depending on experience
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Private medical cover
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK then please contact Matt direct on 02392 384650.