Homeless Centre Support Officer needed in based in Birmingham and the salary is £9.50ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 355848
This role will involve
- Deliver a high-quality tenancy support service to residents and effectively respond to the changing needs of customers and legislation.
- Issue licence agreements, deliver resident inductions and facilitate resident group meetings. Help residents to build support networks and engage in relevant local community activities
- Ensure residents promptly access support identified in their Personal Housing and TA Move On plans. Make referrals to support agencies and build confidence in customers to effectively manage their expenditure and maximise their income and independence.
- Process housing benefit/DHP claim forms to minimise the risk of rent arrears and bad debt. Promptly liaise with TA Finance Officers to determine best course of action in dealing with non-payment of TA rent and service charge.
- Monitor and accurately record income received. Ensure any income collected is received within agreed procedures and targets.
- Follow service procedures when issuing and recording warnings for minor breaches in tenancy. Immediately report serious breaches of tenancy to your line manager and the resident’s caseworker. Attend court evictions where required.
- Ensure discharge of interim duty and notice to vacate decisions are made in accordance with relevant homelessness legislation and service policies.
- Support the service to compile TA suitability review paperwork and case bundles for court proceedings.
- Responsible for void room management and ensuring units are promptly made ready to re-let by carrying out room inspections, arranging repair and decorating work, carrying out stock inventories and replenishment. This may occasionally include making up beds and cleaning units.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services