Interim Manager needed in based in Southwark and the salary is £321.28 per day PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 5187794
This role will involve:
- To manage the Major Projects Team and ensure the team meet the statutory targets for decisions on full plans applications and also that all works carried out on site comply with the building regulations.
Ensure the Major Projects Team effectively manages the determination of full plans applications and a decision is made within the statutory period.
- Be a member of the Building Control Senior Management Team and support the Head of Building Control, in delivering an effective Building Control Service and to achieve the BC Business Plan and corporate objectives. Also make a positive contribution to the management and development of the Building Control Service.
- Deputies for the Head of Building Control including representing them on behalf of the client in building related matters, in both a legislative and professional capacity.
- Ensure that a customer focused service is provided and a high level of satisfaction with the building control service received and that the service fully respond to the needs of all those who use the Building Control service.
- Provide guidance and advice to customers on achieving compliance and ensure a customer focus service is delivered. Monitor the level of customer satisfaction and deal effectively with any complaints.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Corporate membership of, RICS, ABE IStructE, ICE or CIOB;
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- A detailed knowledge of current local authority building control roles and related functions and also building control legislation and the building regulations.
- A knowledge and understanding of the ways in which the Building Control process can contribute to regeneration/economic development objectives in an urban area.
- Substantial amount of post qualification experience of building control activities particularly in dealing with both full plans and building notices applications
- Substantial experience of dealing with dangerous structures, section 20 buildings and section 30 applications
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property