Established in 1947, The Adelphi Group of Companies is a family owned business which includes three engineering companies manufacturing a wide range of laboratory and process equipment, as well as automated packaging lines. Our products are sold all over the World, to small independent companies, and large multinationals. The Group directly employs over 60 staff and occupies modern, purpose built premises close to Haywards Heath train station.
Working within a successful machinery design, manufacturing, and sales business, the position of Mechanical Fitter is available for a self-motivated individual that is able to work independently but within a team environment.
The successful candidate will have the following desirable qualities -
- Able to follow set procedures with great attention to detail.
- Comfortable applying their own initiative when required.
- Practiced in interpreting technical drawings.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for ‘practical’ engineering through hobbies, qualifications, or professional experience.
- Enthusiastic, forward thinking, able to work under own initiative, ability to learn new tasks.
- Flexible team player.
Responsibilities will include -
- Preparation of parts prior to construction (de-burring, reaming etc.)
- Construction of complete machines in small batches.
- Assisting in the construction of larger machinery.
- Contributing to the maintaining of Workshop cleanliness.
Based at Adelphi Headquarters in Haywards Heath
7% company pension contribution
Annual performance related bonus
Annual pay review
Generous holiday entitlement
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities