NATS is embarking on a major multi-year programme of work to modernise its systems and services. Part of this scope is to deliver an Enterprise Service Bus Service to the business. This will over the longer term provide the ability to easily exchange data between services utilising a common API standard.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a System Administration Engineer you will support the project by prepping and troubleshooting issues on OS's across the NATS infrastructure. This will aid the NATS supplier as they roll out an Enterprise Service Bus using the OS's provided.
Other duties will include engaging with the central integration team to make sure all OS's are Monitored, Patched, have correct firewall rules applied and are onboarded to the security tooling.Skills Required
- 5 years experience of managing, maintaining and troubleshooting Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Centos, Windows
- Authentication Integration: LDAP, Active Directory
- OS hardening: CIS
- Troubleshooting of network issues
- Software management (patching, package, application distribution) Pulp, Satelite, WSUS
- Self-motivated, flexible / Attention to detail
- Keen attitude and aptitude
- Experience with producing Work Instructions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams.
- Writing Low Level Design, Build and Operational Documentation
- Understanding of how to approach onboarding of servers to Monitoring solutions
- Experience / Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Tools
- Deployment/Configuration Tools: Puppet
- Experience of working with the ITIL framework
- Programming Languages: Python, Powershell, bash, php and ruby
- Exposure to TIBCO and Axway products
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other