Cloud Technology SME - Azure
This job role is a hugely visible and influential role that is designed to aid the implementation of the cloud technology strategy, policies, procedures, and infrastructure for deployment across the business. This will include Azure infrastructure such as cloud storage, processing, and inter-connectivity between clouds and the company WAN.
The job role will see you consult, run white board sessions at the beginning of projects, use prior knowledge of and experience to develop and shape ideas, help design and articulate across a wide stakeholder base. The focus is to aid the adoption of Azure in a Cloud First approach and drive the performance and effectiveness of such.
This is hands on role:
- Work with the relevant cloud infrastructure companies and chosen cloud management platform provider to create a fully managed cloud infrastructure for use by IT and the business
- Work with the relevant IT teams to define and maintain target virtual infrastructure and templates libraries for all systems deployed within the cloud
- Drive the migration of relevant services to the cloud, ensuring best practices and policies are adhered to.
- Recommend upgrades and modifications to existing technologies as needed. Technology deployment must involve global Architectural compliance, Network security requirements and the provision for stability and Service levels of technology systems.
Key experience required includes:
- Demonstrable understanding of cloud and particularly Azure principles and technologies, business drivers, and emerging relevant trends
- Building technical and business relationships with senior executives, with an ability to connect technology with measurable business value
- Driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Problem-solving mentality, leveraging internal and/or external resources where and when needed, formulating inventive workarounds and evaluating the risk of various deployment options.
This opportunity will offer plenty of visibility and influence to make huge impact on the business.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other