The purpose of this role is primarily two-fold:
Be a subject matter expert and recognised owner within the IT Service Operations team for assigned core and supporting service operation processes. (For example; incident management, problem management, event management, access management and request fulfilment)
Provide support for a variety of day-to-day IT service operational improvement initiatives and activities at Yeovil and across other assigned UK Site locations.
Take ownership of assigned supporting processes (e.g. Analytics, Communications, Customer Satisfaction, Catalogue Management, Knowledge Management, Data Analysis, Service and Performance Reporting, Service Transition interface, Continuous Service Improvement etc).
Act as day-to-day site point of contact for assigned IT matters, analysing each requirement to ensure it is filtered and assigned correctly for resolution across the wider IT team.
Proactively provide support, guidance and training to the business as required in the use of IT facilities.
Provide support to the Service Operations Team and wider IT Team as directed.
Knowledge, experience or exposure to the following would be beneficial:
- Technical Aspects (Desktop, Directory Services, Network, Server, Database etc)
- IT Service Operation Processes (e.g. Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfilment, Access Management and Event Management)
- Other IT Service lifecycle stages (e.g. Service Transition and / or Continuous Service Improvement)
- Service Desk Operation
- Applications Development / Management
- Project Management
- Ability to work individually and as part of a larger team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to get the best out of other people with different skills and backgrounds in order to resolve Technical issues
- Be self-motivated and have an aptitude for problem solving and to drive difficult issues to a conclusion
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Role will be based out of the Yeovil site, with an occasional need for travel to other UK sites
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other