- £65,000 - £75,000
- 10% bonus
- Business expensed car or car allowance
- Fuel card and company credit card
- Pension 6% employer, health care and life insurance
- Immediate start available
Territory: UK and Ireland
Your location: Based anywhere in the UK
My client is a leading manufacturer of automation and intralogistics capital solutions where they design and manufacturing large-scale and high-value engineering solutions for customers throughout the UK. Reports predict the global automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) market is to grow with a CAGR of 8% over the forecast period from 2020-2026.
As a result of recent success and to form part of the organisation's 5-year strategic plan, they are not looking to recruit a Sales Manager to join the team.
Initially, you will spend part of your time on business development activities by driving new business wins from both new and existing customers and the remaining 50% of your time, managing a team of five Internal Sales, Estimating and Proposals Engineers.
This company is offering the successful automation Sales Manager a structured and bespoke training program with plenty of opportunities to progress. You will be goal managed to progress into a Head of Sales in two years and from there, to take over from the current Sales Director three years later.
If you are an experienced Sales Manager with a track record in selling high-value capital systems, as well as managing an internal sales support function, then please contact Ajay Bhella by emailing your CV to [email protected]
- Proactive business development for automation system sales. Develop customer requirements for automation projects with projects ranging from £2 million to £100 million systems
- Complete ownership of the entire sales process ranging from; business development, obtaining RFQ’s/RFI’s, evaluating enquiries, regular customer visits, technical presentations and fact find around the client’s needs relating to system requirements and budgets
- Responsible for commercial contract negotiations, managing tender processes, outlining technical milestones and managing the client post-sales
- Overall management of the proposals department and the effective and efficient management of personnel
- Managing of all personnel – 1-2-1s, performance reviews, objective setting, appraisal and annual performance management
- Accountable for the delivery of all new and existing proposals firstly by working as part of the leadership team to evaluate bids
- Coordinate the proposal activities related to RFI, RFT and RFQ and approve the scope of works
- Analyse contract requirements and terms of conditions as well as identifying pre-bid agreements to be completed
- Manage the entire production of the bid process related to proposals, presales design, estimating, bid management, budgets, programmes and work closely with business units across the UK
- Labour resource management and allocating resources – manage the interface with internal and external partners
- A proven track record in business development and managing a technical sales support team
- A track record in selling high-value capital engineering solutions is required
- The ideal applicant will possess a suitable technical qualification however, the experience is preferred
- Willing to travel and stay away from home
- A desire to progress into a Head of Sales and then Sales Directors role over the next five years
- A full EU driving licence
- You will be working for an organisation focused on sustainable growth
- A structured and defined training plan and career path
- Autonomy to drive new business sales
- An excellent remuneration package
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information please email me an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected]
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
10% bonus + business expensed car or car allowance + fuel card and company credit card + pension 6%
- Industry Sector IT & Internet