Job Title: Cover Supervisor
Do you want to become a teacher in the future and want paid experience of working in a school?
Do you have experience working with children? Sports Coach? Dance Teacher? Youth Worker?
Have you worked in Higher Education lecturing and want a change?
Are you a retired teacher and just want some part time work?
Are you at University and have free time to take on cover work?
Teaching Assistant, Sports Coach, NQT or experienced teacher, you are welcome to apply. Vida Education offer excellent rates of pay and take great pride in providing a quality service to candidates and schools.
Cover supervisors are suitably trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor’s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set. The role will not require any active teaching, marking or planning.
** We offer in house 'cover supervisor' training **
If you are looking to start a career in education, or progress onto a PGCE/teacher training programme, working as a cover supervisor will provide you with real, school-based work experience. Vida Education offers bespoke, in-house training specifically for 'cover supervisors'. If you are looking to improve your skills and confidence prior to taking that first step, on our training you will learn practical techniques to improve classroom management and you will get an insight into what is like to be a 'cover supervisor'.
Duties may include:
- supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
- collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
Skills and experience you'll need
- good communications skills
- to be highly flexible
- to enjoy working with young people
Type of Role:
** Flexible - Part time and Full time Roles Available - You tell us what days you can work - up to 5 days a week **
If you feel that you are a suitable candidate for this role then please do apply now!
Email me your CV to be considered [email protected]
We are an experienced team who specialise in placing secondary teachers, primary teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants, school admin and clerical staff into positions across Blackpool.
As you are working with children, safeguarding and child welfare is paramount and an Enhanced DBS and up to date safeguarding qualifications are required for the role, this can be discussed further upon application.
We look forward to hearing from you very soon!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year
'A' level/Higher or equivalent