- To develop and improve the mechanical design aspect of electrical enclosure design by using 3D CAD.
- Production of build packs to allow the production of electrical enclosure.
- The role will also include the planning and placing of electrical cable runs within the 3D CAD model of a boat liaising with the mechanical design team.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To be proficient in SolidWorks 3D CAD for electrical enclosure design and vessel cable runs
- To act as Electrical 3D CAD Designer on new and existing projects, liaising with Electrical Design Engineers as required.
- To produce build pack to allow production to build complex electrical enclosure to intended design and layout.
- To provide input to Mechanical Design 3D model of a vessel for electrical enclosures and cable runs.
- To provide training and support to other members of the Electrical Design team for 3D CAD
- Provide input to the Electrical Design process and inform the Electrical Design Manager where deviations or inefficiencies are occurring, and proposing improvement plans.
- Ability to provide knowledge on electrical standards and classification societies.
- Adopt a professional approach to all Electrical design solutions to ensure departmental knowledge and skills keep pace with the technology.
- Recent exposure to 3D CAD SolidWorks
- Ability to place cable runs in 3D CAD model
- Awareness of a marine environment
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to provide flexibility where required
- Confident in the use of Information Technology
- Solid interpersonal skills
- EMC and requirements of cable separation
- Previous electrical enclosure mechanical layout
- An understanding of electrical schematics
- Working in a marine environment
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other