National Citizen Service Wave Leader
Bury & Rochdale
Seasonal Autumn Work for 2 Weeks
£12.90 per hour
The purpose of this role is to lead a Wave. Each Wave is made up of multiple teams with each team having two members of staff and up to 16 young participants. The Wave Leader will provide support for NCS Programme personnel and will be the main point of contact between activity and progress on the Wave, the core staff as well as other outside agencies and stakeholders.
The Wave Leader role is pivotal in successfully running the NCS programme and will be looking after the day to operation of the whole programme to make sure every young person gets the most out of their NCS experience. The Wave Leader will be responsible for the wellbeing, safety and experience of up 160 young people and up to 13 members of staff.
This role is perfect for experienced education or youth work professionals, with a background in managing and motivating large groups of people.
· To lead a Wave and line manager the Team Leaders on a wave.
· Ensure support is provided to young people with special educational needs, disabilities or other circumstances as necessary in which adaptations or additional support are required.
· Ensure behavioural issues are appropriately managed.
· Work with the core staff team to complete feedback for each staff member and ensure regular performance feedback is given to staff throughout the programme.
· Ultimate disciplinary authority on the wave with guidance from the Service Manage.
· Ensure key planning has been completed for the effective deployment of each phase.
· Relationship management with residential partners, local area venues and other relevant delivery stakeholders.
· Ensure NCS Programme components and activities are properly delivered using appropriate resources as made available.
· Responsible for the effective management of incidents according to procedures that are set out.
· Responsible for ensuring record keeping and audit trails are in place e.g. attendance lists, risk assessments, staff timesheets.
· Responsibility for data protection on the wave and data entry onto CRM system.
· Ensure key policies and procedures are followed and admin is completed accurately throughout the wave.
· Provide regular support to staff including appropriate shadowing and deputisation opportunities.
· Ultimate responsibility for the health, safety, wellbeing and engagement of staff and young people on a wave, with guidance from the Service Manager.
· Previous experience of working with young people
· Ability to engage and motivate young people to work as a team
· Supporting young people with special educational needs or disabilities
· Ability to engage and motivate young people to work as a team and to guidelines set
· Previous experience in dealing with safeguarding issues for young people
· Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment, making decisions under pressure and adapting working styles to different environments and teams
· Line management experience
· See young people develop
· Make a difference in your community
· Work with like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Boost your CV
· Receive full training and support
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to complete an online Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then please submit your CV.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Not for Profit, Charities