National Citizen Service Team Leader
Bury & Rochdale
Seasonal Autumn Work for 2 Weeks
£10.30 per hour
The purpose of this role is to mentor, inspire and safely lead a team of young people through each phase of the NCS Programme and deliver activities where appropriate (depending on model of programme delivery). To work closely with the Assistant Team Leader and co-ordinate the workload with them considering their development in the process.
The Team Leader is an integral part of the NCS Staff team as they bridge the relationship between young people and the NCS ethos. They are the front-facing function that would lead and inspire young people, act as a role model, challenge and push young people to achieve their full potential whilst on programme.
This role is suitable for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who can motivate others and act as a positive role model.
· To mentor, inspire and safely lead a team of up to 16 young people
· Provide Pastoral care for a team of up to 16 young people, overseeing the health, safety and behaviour management of the group at all times, and working collaboratively with the Wave Leader and other team members.
· Pastoral check-ins and coaching and mentoring of the Assistant Team Leader to effectively engage a team of up to 16 young people.
· Complete key admin tasks.
· Ensure activities are inclusive.
· Participate in a variety of outdoor activities and facilitate & deliver curriculum sessions to the team in an engaging way.
· Lead guided reflections with the team.
· Empower each team member to develop a range of new skills, encouraging them to reflect upon their own progress and development.
· Lead visits to community partners and charities and facilitate the design and delivery of a successful and meaningful Social Action Project.
· Follow The Growth Company's safeguarding policies and procedures, ensuring the safety and well-being of all young people.
· Positively engage with community partners and manage the relationship.
· Experience of working with young people in a similar setting and providing pastoral support
· Experience in managing and motivating a group of young people through a range of activities
· See young people develop
· Make a difference in your community
· Work with like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Boost your CV
· Receive full training and support
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to complete an online Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then please submit your CV.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Not for Profit, Charities