Housing Officer needed in Camberwell £15.75ph ref:5187770
This role will involve:
- Undertake detailed casework with customers screened for a supported lettings service. This includes an assessment of needs, offer of mediation with hosts with the aim to prevent homelessness, housing options advice, facilitating access to private rented and supported accommodation, support to apply for benefits and referrals to learning and work opportunities.
- Maintain own active caseload and monitor cases where other agencies are providing services.
- Initiate, develop and maintain and create new working relationships with private sector suppliers including estate and lettings agents to procure private rented sector properties for a Rough sleepers or customers threatened with rough sleeping
- Will contribute to the development of policies and services for single clients at risk of rough sleeping, participating in pilot projects, working groups and other meetings as required
- Provide clear information to clients on the under 35 shared accommodation local housing allowance rates and any exemptions where applicable for 25-34 year olds including evidence required for this exemption.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Thorough understanding of inner city housing issues and in particular Rough sleeping and Supported housing provision.
- Awareness of issues and challenges facing rough sleepers and solutions to eliminate Rough Sleeping
- Knowledge of housing benefit rules and regulations, welfare benefits and issues relating to private rented tenancies.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and undertaking/ monitoring risk assessments and housing inspections.
- Literacy and numeracy to a level that will enable the post holder to analyse and interpret information, produce reports and correspondence and to maintain administrative records Experience of monitoring and /or delivering record keeping to a high standard
- Experience of procurement of properties, including inspection, and negotiating with landlords in the private sector.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property