Casework & Customer Care Officer needed in Greenwich £15.25ph ref:449469
This role will involve:
- To maintain a comprehensive casework system to ensure that enquiries from MP’s, Councillors, members of the public or local organisations are dealt with efficiently and effectively and according to service standards
- To investigate complaints and enquiries, gather information from officers/managers, and prepare clear and comprehensive letters, emails and Ombudsman responses, within specified time scales
- To maintain an excellent knowledge and understanding of homelessness and allocations legislation, policies and procedures, and best practise in order to give comprehensive advice to customers and be able to advise officers about casework options.
- To make contact with customers raising complaints or enquiries about the service, identifying concerns and assisting in identifying solutions with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity and with due regard to data protection and confidentiality.
- To ensure that enquiries are dealt with, with a high of level of professionalism, sensitivity and an exemplary level of customer service.
- To quality check casework, advice on service improvements and to allocate tasks to officers and seniors in order to resolve complaints and stop it from escalating to the next stage.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Good knowledge and understanding of housing, homelessness and allocations legislation and best practice and an understanding of the Section 202 Homelessness Reviews
- A clear understanding of the role of partner agencies to support and assist vulnerable people at risk of homelessness, and ability to build and maintain effective working relations with colleagues and partners.
- Excellent workload management and record keeping skills, ability to make full use of IT systems, and to work with minimum supervision and according to service objectives and performance targets.
- Standard DBS
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services