This role offers you an exciting opportunity to support the UK Armed Forces by joining the Inspector of Explosives (DE&S) team. In the Inspector of Explosives team, you will be joining a team responsible for the assurance and licensing of all explosives storage and processing facilities operated and managed by Defence Munitions, Head Office Corporate Support (HOCS), TLB MoD Police sites, and Defence Science and Technology Services (Dstl) explosives facilities.
If you are seeking a challenging role, offering great development opportunities and the chance to make a real difference in supporting our Armed Forces, apply today!
Due to its secure nature, this post is reserved for sole UK nationals
As our Explosives Inspector, you will be responsible for preparing explosives licences, conducting formal inspections and other assurance activities, and providing day-to-day direction and advice to the operators of these facilities. You will also liaise with the Defence Ordnance Safety Regulator (DOSR) on Defence OME (Ordnance Munitions and Explosive) Regulatory matters.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Planning and conducting inspections of DE&S, HOCS and Dstl explosives facilities in accordance with Defence OME Regulations
- Providing formal inspection reports detailing the observations and recommendations for rectifying non-compliances encountered and other areas for improvement; ensuring timely implementation of all rectification required
- Preparing explosives licences in accordance with Defence OME Regulations manually or using the Defence Electronic Licensing Database (DELS) and other licensing tools
- Ensuring completion of relevant safety documentation required to support explosives licensing, such as Explosives Safety Cases, Consequence Analyses and Technical Advice
- Providing advice and guidance to operators of explosives facilities on compliance with Defence OME Regulations and areas for improvement
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or will demonstrate the equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
* You will have experience of safety and engineering of OME and related MOD regulations and codes of practice
* You will have demonstrable experience in licensing, inspection and safety assurance of explosive storage sites and processing facilities and application of the associated regulations
* You will have completed a relevant OME training course, such as: Ammunition Technician (AT), Ammunition Technical Officer (ATO) or Explosives Storage Area Management (ESAM), or demonstrate equivalent relevant experience
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other