Leading Rail Engineering company seeks a proven Planning Engineer with experience of working on signalling, E&P and telecoms projects within a rail design environment in the role of Senior Planner. This role will see you work closely with the company's design teams and be responsible for all aspects of the project programme and project controls on a major rail infrastructure programme.
The role will be a split between home working and the company's office in Birmingham. This is a contract opportunity that sits inside IR35.
As Senior Planner you will be responsible for:
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the Projects programme and Project Controls.
- Attend and lead internal / client progress meetings.
- Collaboratively working with the design leads to gather progress information to compile and present to the project manager.
- Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management.
- Building relationships with project teams and clients and maintaining regular client contact.
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules and reports in a concise and timely manner as required by the project's team leads.
- Successful in identifying any project deviations and slippages, reports and communicates issues to senior members of the team.
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
- You will deliver the Period Programme Update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period-by-period basis.
- Incorporating changes in the programme as per the process and preparation of What-ifs.
- Delivering the necessary reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately.
To be considered for the role candidates must have:
- A good understanding of transportation technologies mainly in Signalling Systems, Telecoms, E&P, Track, Ancillary Civils including Rail and Highways experience
- An excellent working knowledge of Primavera P6 and MS excel using advances formulas is essential.
- Good understanding of project and programme lifecycle (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation / Commissioning process).
- Experience of developing multi-disciplinary (cost and resource loaded) baseline schedules in consultation with stake holders and managing the resulting interfaces.
- This role requires the Planner to carry out their Project Control duties with limited supervision, and work under their own initiative in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes.
- Basic Knowledge of various forms of contract, including NEC.
- A good understanding of performance analysis data and CPI/SPI/EV information.
- A good understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend profiles, change control, Earned Value Management, data analysis, trend analysis and Work Package Management.
- Experience of working on design Projects.
- Member of the APM preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and be a proactive team member ensuring the business governance is met.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more information or just simply apply online.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other