These roles offer you an exciting opportunity to support the British Army, working in the Integrated Battlespace Operating Centre (IBOC), supporting either Project Guardian, Maritime Multi-Link (MML) or Tactical Communications, or other similar projects focusing on wider Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Recognisance skillsets.
Project Guardian is a defence Command and Control system that delivers state of the art air traffic services, co-ordinating a complex network of radio and radar devices, across 145 sites, and is a key component in delivering new capabilities to improve our communication across our UK locations. MML provides specialist acquisition support in upgrading the tactical data links on maritime platforms, including tactical data links. Tactical Communications delivers body-worn tactical communications systems, enabling secure voice and data transmission and situational awareness.
If you are seeking a challenging role, offering great development opportunities and the chance to make a real difference in supporting our Armed Forces, apply today!
Please note that some of these posts may require occasional national and/or international travel.
Due to the secure nature of these roles, please note that some are reserved for sole UK nationals and some will require the successful candidate to be willing and able to undergo Developed Vetting in-post.
As our Communications Engineer, you will support the engineering related activities of the project, which includes the acquisition, upgrade and/or in-service support tasks. Other responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
* Managing engineering technical requirements (definition, architecture, integration, contract assessment and change management)
* Developing and maintaining system requirements, including in-service support
* Determining quality management and assurance approaches and ensuring technical risks are understood and managed
* Leading in identification, selection, evaluation, performance verification and demonstrations of requirements, within your technical area
* Producing and leading Engineering Management and Specialist Engineering Plans and other artefacts
* Overseeing user trials and acceptance testing
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or will demonstrate the equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
* You will be qualified to a minimum of Level 4 (e.g. HNC) in a relevant discipline or demonstrate the equivalent experience within a relevant area (e.g. cyber security, encryption, RF transmission & waveforms, safety hazard log & legislative compliance)
* You will have experience of providing technical advice and leading the delivery of successful engineering outcomes
* You will demonstrate a wide ranging depth and breadth of technical experience in your own specialism, with knowledge and application of relevant engineering procedures
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance (Practitioner)
* Technical Decision Making (Practitioner)
* Communicating and influencing
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other