Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly & Integration - 6 month contract - Bolton - £30ph UMB (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
SC + ITAR
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
As a Manufacturing Engineer within the unit & missile assembly manufacturing facility your focus will be to ensure that our products are built efficiently and to budget. A key member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will carry out activities in support of multi-project manufacturing.
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions.
- Design, Commissioning and proving of associated tooling.
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA's, FAI's etc.
- Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process.
- Route card changes as a result or rework activities.
- Management of Configuration Control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing Instructions.
- Support to the Non Conformance Process using SAP.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications):
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
- 5 years' experience within an engineering discipline.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions for both Skilled and Semi-Skilled operators.
- Have experience of Electronic Sub Assembly manufacture through to System level builds.
- Have experience and knowledge of the assembly process for small/miniature Electro-Mechanical Actuation Systems.
- Recognise and understand customer requirements, and respond to them.
- Manual handling training.
- ESD training.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other