- Coordinate with the BIM Lead the configuration of ProjectWise, Deliverable Manager, iTwins or any other required system required for the production of graphical information.
- Setting up as well as configuring new projects (contracts), environments, workflows and associated CDE structures
- Administration and continuous operation of ProjectWise and overall CDE
- Managing CAD application configuration and integration within the CDE (e.g. Managed Workspace)
- Provide technical support by managing support requests for ProjectWise and the extended CDE
- Communicate effectively with individuals from different discipline backgrounds and varied technical skill levels
- Deliver training to effectively upskill project staff members and Subcontractor task teams
- Be a key point of contact for escalated issues and ambassador for improvement
- Keep up to date with software support products and supplier changes
- Identify trends and create working solutions
- Assisting with IT hardware and software installations for ProjectWise and associated applications
- Ensure that service requests are fulfilled within the required SLA
- Managing project requests/enquiries to help explain the obligations and benefits of using a CDE (Common Data Environment)
- Support the BIM Lead in controlling supply chain production, either leading or supporting clash detection, carrying out QA checks or any other supportive function.
- Support the BIM Lead in configuring, maintaining and providing training of other related systems as iTwin, Components Centre, BIM 360, etc and connections to other systems.
- Follow CAD/BIM Manager instructions and support him in the production of graphical data and the coordination and control of the Supply Chain graphical production.
- Produce or populate any piece of PIM information required graphical, non-graphical, GIS or documentation.
- Support the Information Management Team in the production, implementation and maintenance of the BIM Execution Plan set of documents or another project documentation.
- Execute the transformation of graphical data between different software systems.
- Support the Information Management team in implementing Information Use Cases.
- Collaborate with the Document Control team to facilitate the exchange of information between systems, with HS2, Stakeholders and Subcontractors.
Technical Competencies required
The key technical competencies required to perform the role well are outlined below.
- Have good communication skills in English, both written and verbal and the ability to report clearly to its line manager
- Understanding and working use of BS 1192:2007, the suit of PAS1192 specifications, ISO 19650 and relevant industry standards
- Good Understanding of CAD specifications
- Able to interface with numerous software applications
- A proven track record to develop technical knowledge and apply new skills in a high
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to provide accurate resolutions
Experience producing documentation for CDE, CAD to define processes and training
Knowledge of Revit and Autodesk applications.
Knowledge of BIM Standards Knowledge of 4D software.
Knowledge on Pointcloud processing and subsequent production of BIM Models
Knowledge of i-model hub and/or BIM 360.
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience required
- Be educated to degree HNC or HND.
- In-depth working knowledge of CAD experience. 3D modelling and 2D drawing production.
- ProjectWise configuration experience
- ProjectWise administration experience
- Computer skills - well developed IT skills including Office suit.
- Good working knowledge of design application software from vendors such as Bentley, Autodesk, Trimble
Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn, work with new technologies and impart knowledge to others
Experience providing training to users including supply chain.
Advance excel user level (formulation and pivot tables)
Experience in extracting data and quantities from 3D models.
Previous experience of working for major rail infrastructure clients typically, TfL, Crossrail
Experience in applying Clash detection and CAD/BIM coordination processes with Navigator or Navisworks.
Professional oral and written communication skills; able to adapt their communication style based on the audienceor other UK or International organisations.
Experience in Deliverable Manager and iTwin.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other