at Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S), are actively looking for individuals to fill a role in either an Engineering Authority role or in an Enquiry Support role, within our high-performing Glider Delivery Team, based at RAF Syerston.
These roles offer you an exciting opportunity to support the RAF in providing aircraft to allow cadets to fly, and provide an opportunity to drive and deliver improved ways of working in a field where your acquired skills and knowledge will be highly valued. In joining DE&S, you are joining the force behind the UK Armed Forces, with unparalleled career opportunities throughout the UK and beyond.
If you are seeking a challenging role and the chance to make a real difference in supporting our Armed Forces, apply today!Responsibilities for Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer with DE&S, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Managing day-to-day Airworthiness issues and ongoing management of the integrity and Aircraft Document set or responsibility for progressing and prioritising allocated enquiries, to ensure the Delivery Team meets the needs of the customer, while ensuring the Airworthiness of the platform is maintained
* Driving continuous improvement thinking through establishing and maintaining effective processes and working relationships internally within the Delivery Team and externally with the Approved Maintenance Organisation, Design Organisation, and Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation
* Supporting the development of courses of action to support the in-service Gliding capability, ensuring responses are practical and comprehensive, including the supervising, staffing and collation of draft reports, supporting Special Instructions (Technical), ADS amendments (F765), and concessions
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have experience of working within a civil or military aviation/aerospace environment as an aircraft maintenance technician, with trade knowledge across multiple disciplines and/or through working in a platform specific Delivery Team in a technical role
* You will have demonstrable experience of working with a variety of stakeholders and the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
* You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in a relevant engineering-related subject or will demonstrate equivalent experience from within the aerospace industry
* You will hold Professionally Registered status, to at least Incorporated Engineer (IEng), or will demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience of how communication between Approved Maintenance Organisation, Design Organisation, and the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation takes place, and providing technical advice and support in the end-to-end process
* Experience of holding an Airworthiness safety delegation
* Experience of working with Glass Reinforced Plastics
* Experience of applying air regulations (in a civil or military aviation environment) and understanding/experience of safety engineering and risk management
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Decision Making (Supervised Practitioner)
* Technical Risk management (Supervised Practitioner)
* Communicating and influencing
* Making effective decisions
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, DE&S promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.About your team
Cutting-edge engineering and science is a critical component in delivering modern, battle-winning technologies to all branches of the armed forces. Engineering is the largest business area within DE&S - and it's one of the most fulfilling too. From managing technical risks, engineering resources and services, to defining and assuring best practice, our engineers are exemplars both within DE&S and our industry partners and professional bodies.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other