Working for a leading Utilities organisation as Solution Architect you will provide solutions consultancy services to support the delivery of IT Solutions Delivery within the Applications - GIS arena
Our Client is currently going through an exciting IT transformation which will strategically change the way it delivers IT support and services to its business and end users. To help support this strategic initiative, a new IT Application services unit is being introduced, which will become the delivery unit for end users requiring IT support and services along with support delivering strategic and tactical projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide architectural oversight and support for the application environment
- To meet and maintain required Non-Functional Requirements and future needs including Capacity planning, availability, performance, house-keeping, monitoring
- Leading technical teams as appropriate in application development/support activities
- Maintaining Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Architecting new IT Solutions as required
- Liaising with 3rd party product providers to understand future enhancements, product roadmaps, new developments and communicate as required to business, user and IT Stakeholders
- Documenting solution architecture
- Assist in deploying applications to internal and external customer facing environments.
- Coaching the application support and infrastructure support teams
- Analysing and recommending service quality improvement activities
- Assist in other solutioning activities as required by the Technical Design Authority function
- Technical knowledge and experience of GIS Solutions and associated tools
- ESRI experience (specific to Water industry)
- Relevant technical experience managing, developing and upgrading applications, within application/solution design
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Experience with Business Process Analysis
- Experience of end-to-end application solution architecture/design methods and patterns for example design in areas such as COTS, Web/Digital, operational technologies, back-office and front-office
- Architecture of medium complexity enterprise solutions
- Experience in a range of application development languages
- Experience in application integration using services-oriented and/or middleware approaches
- Experience in database technologies (e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Experience with working with external 3rd party product providers
- Experience in deployment of applications into hosted / data centre environments and associated configuration of application and infrastructure
- Ideally have exposure or experience in ITIL
This position is to start ASAP and will pay between £600 - £675 per day ltd/umbrella (outside of IR35) depending on your level of experience.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other