We are a market leading Aerospace company and due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Quality Improvement Engineer to join our team in Cornwall.
As our new Quality Improvement Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation and drive improvement across the byusiness Quality system. In this role, you will have overall management of the customer return and product occurrence system.
- Have ownership for First Pass Yield and Customer Complaint metrics, helping to push improvement of both.
- Lead Quality Kaizens and build Quality Culture.
- Use a structured and efficient Problem-Solving method to achieve sustainable improvements.
- Upgrade and maintain value stream quality system using standard APQP tools (PFMEA and Control Plan) and incorporating them into the Certified Operator Program.
- Manage product and process Auditing/Quality Assurance Testing.
- Run the Internal Quality Auditing scheduling.
- Support the Supplier Development Programme in collaboration with Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Lead all aspects of the investigation and resolution of Quality related problems as reported or assigned and the referral of incidents where QA Management involvement is appropriate.
- Co-ordinating investigations and responses with in-house Manufacturing Cell Team Leaders/Design Engineers.
- Background in manufacturing/mechanical engineering, inspection techniques, understanding of Quality Control systems, first article inspection reports (FAIR), Internal auditing and development, supporting third party and customer auditing.
- Experience with APQP tools, including FMEA, Control Plans and PPAPs.
- Prior experience in Aerospace, Automotive or a highly-regulated industry.
- Appreciation of metal cutting; assembly techniques; operation of mechanical devices;
- Inspection techniques; knowledge of Quality System requirements, AS9100 preferred but ISO-9000 and/or NADCAP also useful.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and want to join a company passionate about your progression, click apply now or call 01189 239 234 and ask for Kris Holmes.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities