Senior Research Scientist in Molecular Diagnostics
This is an exciting opportunity to join a medical technology company that develops innovative devices and IVD tests to aid in the detection and diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases. Our current specific focus is on the diagnosis of colorectal cancer (CRC).
We are now seeking a motivated Senior Research Scientist with experience of molecular diagnostics, biomarkers identification and/or epigenetics of cancer to work on this exciting project. Applicants must be educated to PhD level (or equivalent experience) and have expertise in NGS technologies with strong experience in basic molecular biology techniques.
The successful candidate will work within the Development Team to deliver a molecular diagnostic assay and associated NGS technologies. It is an opportunity for candidates with a strong background in molecular biology / diagnostics to take a key role on projects leading to the development and commercial launch of novel diagnostic platforms.
Duties may include:
- Liaise with the clinical trial teams to receive and biobank clinical samples.
- Perform DNA, RNA extraction and store biobank clinical samples.
- Lead the development and testing of new detection technology including NGS technologies.
- Undertake sample stability, performance analysis and validation of assays
- Design, develop and test new diagnostic assays (PCR based, epigenetic and targeted sequencing methods using NGS technologies)
- Work towards the goals of collaborative projects with external partners and be point of contact for some.
- Be accountable for the time, cost and quality of agreed deliverables
- Provide updates on the progress, risks and opportunities of the agreed deliverables
- Working in a regulated environment, e.g. Good Clinical Practice or other GxP
- Understanding of related areas of diagnostic validation and clinical trials
- Experience of a similar role as demonstrated by publication record, patents and delivery of biomarker data to projects.
The appointee must have excellent organisational, written and communication skills. They must have the ability to apply extensive working knowledge to address complex problems and challenges and have a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of governance and legislation for the conduct of research (including GDPR).
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Science