Research Scientist in Molecular Diagnostics
This is an exciting opportunity to join a medical technology company that develops innovative devices and IVD tests to aid in the detection and diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases. Our current specific focus is on the diagnosis of colorectal cancer (CRC).
We are now seeking a motivated Research scientist with experience of molecular diagnostics, biomarkers identification and/or epigenetics of cancer to work on this exciting project. Applicants must be educated to PhD level (or equivalent experience) and have expertise in NGS technologies with strong experience in basic molecular biology techniques.
The successful candidate will work as a part of the Assay Development Team to develop a
molecular diagnostic assay and associated NGS technologies. It is an opportunity for
candidates with a strong background in molecular biology/diagnostics to take a key role on
projects leading to the development of the platform and diagnostic assays. This role requires
an Assay Research Scientist to support the company program to help develop the Company's diagnostic platform.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude, team player with high degree of flexibility is required
- for this role. You must have good communication skills. You should have meticulous attention to detail and ability to critically assess data with a focus on quality and reproducibility.
- The educational level required for this role is degree in biological science, biomedical science, biochemistry or equivalent, plus extensive experience in the laboratory. You should be proficient in time management, multi-tasking, working well on your own and as part of a team.
Duties may include:
- Perform DNA, RNA extraction and store biobank clinical samples.
- Undertake sample stability, performance analysis and validation of assays
- Execute and test new diagnostic assays (PCR based, epigenetic and targeted sequencing methods using NGS technologies)
- Work towards the goals of collaborative projects with external partners as well.
- Write SOP and scientific reports.
- Be accountable for the time, cost and quality of agreed deliverables.
- Provide updates on the progress, risks and opportunities of the agreed deliverables.
- Working in a regulated environment, e.g. Good Clinical Practice or other GxP
- Understanding of related areas of diagnostic validation and clinical trials.
- Eventually liaise with the clinical trial teams to receive and biobank clinical samples.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Science