We are a market leading Medical Device company and due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Head of Manufacturing to join our team in Derby.
As our new Head of Manufacturing, you will lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards. Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Responsible for daily operations in extrusion, injection moulding, manufacturing assembly, conversion, and packaging activities.
- Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Leads and promotes a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies, procedures, including efficient equipment utilisation to ensure that target productivity levels are achieved daily.
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis.
- Manage, coach, and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, delivers best practice results and continuous improvements
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Communicate KPIs so that each employee is aware and understands the standards, goals and behaviours expected of them
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues, and daily supervision to maximise efficient productivity
- Relevant degree qualification in an engineering discipline (or equivalent experience in manufacturing)
- Proven experience of site level experience directly overseeing Manufacturing
- Experience in highly regulated industries, such as medical devices or food manufacturing
- Understanding of ISO 9001/13485
- Proven experience in Lean manufacturing, including Kaizen, TPM and SMED
- Experience and understanding of Injection and Extrusion Moulding techniques is highly beneficial
If you have the necessary skills and experience and want to join a company passionate about your progression, click apply now or call 01189 239 234 and ask for Kris Holmes.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Benefits inc. Car Allowance
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)