Team Manager Highways needed in based in Haringey and the salary is £27.08ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 448567
This role will involve:
- To provide professional and technical advice on all matters related to assigned areas of highway maintenance.
- To make recommendations for policy and procedural changes and improvements in respect of the delivery of assigned highway engineering responsibilities,
- To ensure that all necessary approvals are obtained, and that construction works are carried out satisfactorily having regard to budgets, financial regulations, relevant legislation, etc.
- To develop and manage the team’s work to reflect the client’s strategic objectives, contributing to wider Service improvement plans, and ensuring the maintenance of high professional and technical standards.
- To monitor new legislation, materials, products, techniques and equipment in the relevant field and advise on their relevance and the further development of the Streetscape Design Guide
- To manage the Team’s capital and revenue budgets including preparing bids and estimates; programming and monitoring expenditure including fee income projections; raising and addressing problems; and providing regular progress reports.
- To develop constructive relationships and effective communications with key people, internally and externally, that are crucial to the success of the Team’s work.
- To identify and advise on potential alternative sources of finance to progress service objectives.
- To assist in the procurement, management, day to day operation and monitoring of works and professional services contracts
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services