Business and Policy Manager needed in based in Worcester and the salary is £18.53ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 449087
This role will involve:
- To manage the office of the Strategic Director, including all Executive Support employees, to ensure a consistent and efficient service is provided at all times.
- To manage the administrative and business support teams and functions within the Directorate, including leading on the re-design and performance management of these services to ensure a more efficient and effective service is provided which is consistent across all areas.
- Provide policy analysis and insight to support transformation programmes within the Directorate, including pro-active research into legislative changes.
- Pro-actively provide personal research and analysis support for the Strategic Director on a wide range of topics, anticipating and preparing relevant information and documents and making necessary arrangements on behalf of the Strategic Director - to ensure that they are prepared and briefed for all commitments at local, regional and national level.
- Produce formal documentation, including reports and papers on behalf of the Strategic Director, to report progress and updates on key matters to key stakeholders (internal and external) e.g. Cabinet, Overview & Scrutiny Performance Board, Corporate Business Board, Senior Leadership Team, Public.
- To be responsible for the gathering, interpretation and presentation of key performance data to the Directorate to ensure the delivery of the Corporate Plan, including leading on the Directorate Forward Plan and associated Leadership Team to ensure the timely production of key reports and information to senior employees.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Expert knowledge of the tools and techniques used to successfully manage a business function including development and adherence to SLAs, KPIs, performance and corporate reporting and customer focus.
- Specialist knowledge of process redesign, with the emphasis on efficiency and better outcomes for customers
- Specialist knowledge using research and analysis, including on national legislation and policy
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft products such as Word and Excel to produce business documents such as reports, presentations, data and briefing notes
- Advanced analytical skills such as interpreting trends and using this analysis to inform business recommendations
- Specialist knowledge of budget management and presenting budget information
- A level 6 (e.g. degree) or recognised business or management qualification, or equivalent business management experience and training
- Demonstrable commitment to Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services