Contract Compliance Officer needed in Matlock £13.35 ph ref:5187829
This role will involve:
- Supervise the operation and delivery of a variety of waste management contracts to ensure that they are operated in compliance with conditions of contract and specifications.
- Agree with the contractor any works required to ensure sites are acceptable for use by the public and waste collection authorities and to supervise implementation.
- Agree and implement with the contractor/collection authorities’ temporary changes to waste delivery points due to short term site closures.
- Responsible for carrying out audit trails on all waste streams to ensure compliance with current Environment Agency/Government legislation and performance monitoring.
- Assist in the management of the audit system to ensure that commercial waste collected by the waste collection authorities is properly accounted for and treated/disposed of in compliance with current legislation.
- Ensure that delivery, treatment and disposal sites and Household Waste Recycling Centre’s comply with health & safety requirements and liaise with contractors and health and safety officers to initiate improvements as necessary.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Btec National in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related subject or WAMITAB Certificate of Technical Competence with reference to waste operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to build relationships and influence others
- Knowledge of operational waste facilities with particular reference to HWRCs
- Thorough knowledge of waste industry good practice
- Knowledge of Health & Safety related to operational waste facilities
- Knowledge of contract specification & procedures
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services