Water and Flood Engineer needed in Ipswich £50.00 ph ref:21735
This role will involve:
- To support all operational aspects of the statutory responsibilities as Lead Local Flood Authority conferred on them by the Flood & Water Management Act 2010 and Flood Risk Regulations 2009.
- The post holder will:
- Assist in ensuring the client meets its statutory obligations.
- Respond to major planning applications for new developments.
- Manage projects to reduce flood risk utilising partnership funding.
- Maintain a register of structures and features which have a significant impact on flood risk.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Degree or equivalent in relevant engineering or water management related subject.
- Project Management training
- Experience of the design and installation of sustainable surface water and underground management systems.
- In depth understanding of policies and good practice of surface water management, as well as the current funding process.
- Understanding of the spatial planning framework and development control process.
- Understanding of the maintenance of highway assets.
- IT skills required for managing data in spreadsheets and databases 10. Well developed project management skills.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities