Project Professional - 12 month contract - Warton - £27.84ph UMB or £22.00ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
Would you like to play a key role supporting the business with its current transformation programmes within the Air Sector? We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Project Professional with skills and knowledge in project monitoring and reporting. The role is UK-based with opportunities available to work flexibly whilst gaining experience of what the engineering function does and exposure to the wider business.
As Project Professional, you will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on a number of key activities that support the ongoing business transformation programmes. Need to regularly interface with Engineering Teams from across the Air Sector Business and the Business Transformations teams to ensure that the key deliverable and milestones that are required to support the transformation programmes are understood and communicated to the Engineering Project Teams, and that the progress to achievement of these deliverables is captured and monitored, and that escalation of issues that may prevent their successful deliver achieved in a timely manner. Furthermore you would be expected to facilitate the monthly risk and issue reviews and the weekly programme reviews. It will also involve monitoring the spend of the various teams involved in delivering these activities.
This high profile and visible role will provide you with the opportunity to develop a diverse delivery skillset and work with a varied set of stakeholders which could provide you with the platform for future development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Assisting with the creation of and the maintenance of the integrated plan of the team activities.
- Create and maintain reporting material
- Run the monthly Risk and Issus reviews
- Run the weekly Programme Reviews
- Allocate the delivery teams with appropriate CCNs
- Monitoring and reporting on the spend and achievement of the delivery teams
- Reporting on the standard project management type data, i.e. EV, EAC, etc
- Escalating issues that may prevent delivery by the delivery teams in a timely fashion
What we're looking for in you:
You will have a proven ability to motivate and manage yourself and others effectively. You will also have the ability to develop and maintain excellent stakeholder relations and have strong communications skills. Being driven and highly motivated with the drive to excel will also be key to success within the role.
Your skills and qualifications
- Previous project management experience in a technical environment
- Experience in delivering recurring and non-recurring related activities
- Experience of Earned Value Management
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Confident communicator. There are many teleconferences / Skype calls in this role.
- Developing and maintaining excellent stakeholder relations.
- Good use of Microsoft office, PowerPoint, Excel good working knowledge
- Understanding of Risk and Opportunity Management.
The candidate must be good with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
Communication, Team Working and Motivation are Essential
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other