Field Service Engineer (Medical Devices)
Salary - £25,000
Location South East England (Remote Field Based)
Start Date - ASAP
My client are currently looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join their growing service team. You will be responsible for covering the South East of the UK so must be happy with a field based position.
You will be covering clinics and NHS sites across the South East and must be able to offer 5* customer service.
Our service team supports hospitals, clinics and beauty salons throughout the UK as well as international distributors. The role of our engineers is to ensure that equipment is maintained in excellent working condition through scheduled maintenance visits, repair "call-out" visits and new product installations.
The job role will include fault finding, electrical testing and optical alignment of lasers and Intense pulsed light systems on customer sites and at our Cheshire based factory.
Your initial induction training will be for 2 weeks at the factory in Cheshire.
- Responsible for visiting UK customers to provide regular service maintenance and repair call out support. On some occasions you may be required to visit overseas distributors to provide support and training as required.
- Electrical testing and optical alignment of all products manufactured by the company including all prototypes and accessories.
- Completion of all associated test and inspection sheets and for ensuring that all products conform to the standards set by the Medical Devices Directive.
- Responsible for maintaining full and accurate records of all service visits including installations.
- Delivery and collection of products including those for use in demos and exhibitions.
- Mmaintaining communication with all end users and for soliciting feedback.
- Ensuring the correct procedures are followed when equipment or parts are returned for repair or replacement.
The ideal candidate
- Have a Science or Engineering degree, or be someone with experience of technical field service.
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Have a logical approach to problem solving, with hands-on experience of dealing with tools and technical equipment
- Show initiative and have the capacity for decision-making
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be empathic and able to build relationships with customers and colleagues
- Be IT literate
- Be able to work well in a team environment but also enjoy lone-working
- 25 days Annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity for rapid career progression
- Regular investment in internal and external training, including the opportunity to work towards higher level qualifications
- Annual Christmas profit related bonus
- Life insurance 3 x times salary
- Full inhouse training programme
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other