Policy and Strategy Development
* Assist with the consultation of with key internal and external stakeholders on ensuring key policy areas are linked into school resources and materials.
* Awareness of the travel planning process with the use of Modeshift STARS,- an online travel planning and accreditation system, and how marketing and resources can support schools on the implementation of their travel plan.
* Assist with the delivery of travel planning programmes of work, working with key partners and stakeholders where appropriate to ensure effective, cohesive and meaningful delivery.
* Monitor the effectiveness of resources and challenges against designated targets
* Assist with the organisation and delivery of services made available through the My Journey branding.
- Where appropriate, provide support with the preparation of information in connection with the management of budgets.
* Where required, assist at public events, or with the setting up for events, to promote My Journey.
* Prepare written and verbal reports on project progress and consultation.
* Prepare technical reports (including project briefs)
* Prepare presentations to a variety of audiences
* Advise others on the development and implementation of travel planning resourcesAdvise schools and teachers on how best to utilise resources and challenges effectively within schools and educational establishments.
* Attend meetings to discuss individual initiatives.
- Resource Management
- Allocate tasks to junior members of staff when required.Prioritisation of workload to ensure effective time management.
- Make best use of available IT systems.
- Corporate and statutory initiatives - equalities/health and safety/e-government/ sustainability
- Maintain an awareness of other related Corporate and Departmental initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience - (This section should include the role requirements including essential and desirable criteria)
- A-Level or equivalent level qualification or experience
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and complexities of travel and transport, and the impact that this can have on both physical and mental health, personal and road safety, congestion and air quality.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a wide range of audiences.
* Experience at the appropriate level in relatable discipline
* Good presentation skills
* An ability to influence and persuade others.
- To be passionate about what the team aims to achieve and want to make a difference to the residents of Hampshire and demonstrate this through your previous experience.
- Being a good team player and also be able to work independently without supervision.
- To meet the travel requirements of the job
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 07901964657
- Email your CV to
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other