Your new role
This is an active role in the team where you will be instrumental in driving the implementation and embedment of performance measurement and assurance activities, including auditing and monitoring across all teams and supply chain partners. You will also provide coaching and support to develop the Quality and Performance Analysts, administrators and apprentices within the team.
What you'll be leading on
- Working collaboratively with regional and national Operations teams to shape, define and implement performance reporting requirements, KPIs, and metrics that provide clear and transparent visibility of the Region's performance against its targets, National Highways Imperatives and strategic aims.
- Managing the allocated work to deliver the audit programme for the region's contracts and internal systems. Facilitate external audits; carry out data and trend analysis on audit findings and manage resulting nonconformities.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of Quality Management documentation and championing a culture of continuous improvement across the region by ensuring that performance feedback and lessons learned are captured, owned, tracked and monitored throughout delivery.
- Managing the allocated elements of the region's quality and performance reporting, ensuring that positive performance is recognised, and quality improvement plans are created to address poor performance.
- Management of Internal and external Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) and Quality Management Points (QMPs), ensuring they are raised, managed and closed out effectively.
- Lead on improvement projects to support the needs of the business.
- Desirable experience in a ISO 9001 Lead Auditor role (desirable to also have any of the following: ISO14001, ISO 18001, ISO 27001, NHSS and ISO 44001).
To be successful
- You will have an excellent understanding of ISO Quality Management Systems, quality measurement and assurance requirements and demonstrable experience of maintaining challenging yet collaborative relationships with the supply chain, and driving continual improvement and best practice.
- You will have proven stakeholder management skills accompanied with excellent communication skills, able to form and develop positive, helpful, responsive and supportive relationships with supply chain and Internal teams.
- Experience of working on complex service based contracts (Highways construction and maintenance highly desirable), with an understanding of managing NEC (or similar) contracts (also desirable).
- Demonstrable experience of audit and assurance and governance. (ISO auditor qualification would be desirable).
- Experience of driving improvement projects to fruition.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other