Leading rail consultancy business seeks utilities (water, telecoms, gas) professionals who have experience of utility diversions and project management skills to join their rapidly expanding team on either a permanent or contract basis.
These roles will see you support the delivery of a major infrastructure where you will work alongside the utilities companies and contracting organisations ensuring the smooth delivery of utility diversion packages. These roles will see you act as a key part of the Utilities Management Team, whose core is to support the delivery of a major infrastructure projects where you will work alongside the utilities companies and contracting organisations ensuring the smooth delivery of uutilities protection works, temporary utility connections and permanent utilities diversions, from inception to completion.
This will ensure that the individual projects can be delivered in line with specific time and cost constraints. The team will be the first point of contact for all utility works and will be required to develop and maintain a strong relationship with utility companies and other third parties.
- Responsible for the management and coordination of all utility works within the appointed projects.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to the process set out in the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 for all utility works.
- Responsible for identifying the utility scope for each project, including survey, access and land requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring realistic utility programmes are prepared, managed, monitored and updated according to the requirements of the project.
- Responsible for acquiring estimates for utility related works such as diversions, protection and temporary supplies.
- Key point of contact between project and Utility Companies for utility related works such as diversions, protection and temporary supplies.
- Maintaining a good working relationship and interface within the appointed projects and promote the core values of the business.
- Liaison with external stakeholders and develop working relationships with utility companies.
- Attend regular meetings with utility companies and key stakeholders to monitor the progress of the project(s) and work that needs to be completed.
- Provide support to any planning requirements for the appointed projects including Transport and Works Act Orders.
- Communication of key issues relating to utility works and elevate risks to ensure resolution.
- Contribution toward the design, planning and delivery of all utility works within the various projects.
- Support the team in the Health & Safety duties within the business.
Essential skills / qualifications / experience
- Knowledge of the various utility companies' operations and procedures, including New Road and Street Works Act 1991
- Previous experience of utility diversion works and 3rd party interactions
- Experience of working within multi-discipline project teams
- Good problem-solving skills in relevant discipline
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Full UK driving license
In return you will be offered an attractive starting salary based on level and experience accompanied with a bespoke benefits package. Candidates looking for contract work will be considered but these roles have been deemed inside IR35.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more info or just simply apply online
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other