The role is for an experienced technical expert in all aspects of Microsoft 365 security suite (SOC) including the sentinel SIEM. This will be in addition to aligning the council's cyber security strategy with the NCSC principles and leading on the various legal, regulatory and statutory security compliance mandates.
- To research, interpret, disseminate and implement best practice in cyber defence and network security including ISO27001, NCSC (the National Centre for Cyber Security) guidance and Public Services Network instructions.
- To verify and audit compliance with Council policy, relevant codes of practice and appropriate legislation including the Data Protection Act in all matters relating to network security.
- To research, review, investigate, develop and implement new technologies to maintain and enhance the technical security of the Council's network in line with business requirements, best practice and regulatory requirements
- To provide expert domain support for incidents and investigations into breaches of Council policy, relevant codes of practice and appropriate legislation, liaising with the relevant authorities and monitoring our platforms for information risk issues.
- To engage with suppliers, advisers and regulators to review, upgrade and enhance the security of the Council's network, ensuring compliance with mandatory codes of connection.
- To advise the IT Architect, Business Architects, Solutions Architects and the Technical Design Authority on security architecture, network security, reviewing the network security implications of technical designs and implementations.
- To work closely with programme and project managers advising on projects that have technical security risks.
Contract role daily rate is Inside IR35
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other