Senior Electrical Engineer
£45,000 – 55,000 + £4,300 Car Allowance (plus uplifts on salary when overseas on projects) + Agile work
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs over 200 staff of which over 100 are employed in professional engineering roles (many of whom are chartered engineers) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and are on a mission to grow from a £50 million to £100 million business in the next four years.
The company are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for the electrical engineering aspects of projects the company run from electrical design, electrical equipment specification and procurement (panels and electrical installation) all the way through to overseeing the electrical aspects of projects through installation and commissioning at site. You will also lead and mention Junior Electrical Engineers and Electrical Engineers on projects.
After project has been won & a P&ID is created by the process design team, the Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for leading the electrical aspects on projects including delegating and mentoring electrical engineering work carried out by less experienced members of the team. Projects will include:
• Carry out the electrical design work for the electrical system required including establishing what size and shape of cables are needed, what size motors are required and the type of control panel required for the project.
• Create single line diagrams, create cable schedules and layout for the electrical installation.
• Create specifications for the electrical installation and controls panels and instrumentation required for projects and put these specifications out for tender with suppliers.
• Analyse the supplier tenders for cost and technical comparisons and select the appropriate supplier for each area of the project.
• Manage and oversee the suppliers building the control panels for the project – visit the supplier, invite the customer to the visit to ensure they are happy. Organise factory acceptance and functional testing for the panels once they are manufactured.
• Manage up progress and issues during progress on electrical work to the Project Manager – make them aware of any variations to order to ensure they are managed.
• Once the project goes to site – you then oversee the electrical installation contractors carrying out the installation work and ensure electrical equipment arriving at site is as specified and the site comes together as per the layout.
• Carry out electrical commission activity at site before site goes into production. At a senior level you will take some responsibility for the work being done by less experienced electrical engineers on projects.
To be successful in your application for the Senior Electrical Engineer role you will need:
• An electrical engineering qualification of HNC, HND or Degree.
• Exposure to electrical projects being involved from design through to site installation/commissioning is beneficial.
• To be able to carry out electrical cable calculations
• To have experience in specifying electrical equipment with suppliers.
• To be happy to travel to site for installation and commissioning phases of projects.
• £45,000 - 55,000
• £4,320 car allowance
• 50% uplift on salary when overseas for more than two weeks at a time on projects
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to [email protected]
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
£4,300 Car Allowance + Salary Uplifts When Overseas
- Industry Sector IT & Internet