Registration Officer needed in Ilford £16.81 ph ref:449897
This role will involve:
- Co-ordinate the advertising of void properties
- Allocate permanent homes through a combination of prepating and analysing shortlists from choice based lettings bidders and direct matching in line with designated groups identified by the Housing Allocations Scheme
- Check assessments remain up to date and verify circumstances robustly when households are selected for properties, including making checks regarding applicant’s finances, eligibility, local connection and suitability to be a tenant.
- Interview applicants and complete home visits as part of the verification process, as well as doing desktop checks
- Select appropriate applicants and nominate them for available homes
Ideally candidates will have:
- Certificates of higher education, NVQ level 4, HND, BTEC professional and equivalent qualifications
- Knowledge of the law relating to homelessness as covered by the 1996 Housing Act and Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act and the Care Act as this social care legislation interacts with housing and homelessness issues
- IT literate and able to use computer software effectively
- Basic DBS
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property