I am excited to be recruiting for a new Welding Engineer for a great client of ours who are a world class engineering company providing engineering solutions to a range of industry sectors.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to develop welding techniques to increase productivity and improve quality of production welding. This will also include maintaining the standard of qualified welders, arrange processing of weld test samples and to provides any support required in welding.
Salary of a Welding Engineer
Highly competitive depending on experience.
Job Description of a Welding Engineer
- Provide welding methodology for new product Introduction.
- Development, implementation and review of weld procedure specifications (WPS) and procedure qualification records (PQR) to customer and Industry standards.
- Selection, suitability and control of materials and welding consumables.
- Equipment, suitability, maintenance and calibration.
- Inspection and testing before, during and after welding, including processing of weld test samples.
- Ensure the department remains compliant with all industry and customer welding standards/systems including NADCAP.
- Complete welding system audits (internally and externally) to ensure compliance and identify areas for improvement and cost reduction.
- Design and implementation of fixtures relating to welding operations.
Skills & experience of a Welding Engineer
- Technical HNC/HND or Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Wide knowledge and experience of welding techniques and processes is essential – including fusion, laser and resistance welding techniques.
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work for a secure company who are part of a larger group with a strong order book.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
HND/HNC or equivalent