We are a leading engineering company specialising in the design, development and manufacture of innovative Biotech products. Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportune for an Associate Product Engineer / Material Scientist to join our highly motivated team.
The Associate Product Engineer / Material Scientist will support Material and Process Changes within the Biotech Product Engineering group with the technical aspects of Product Life Cycle Management (PLCM). This includes Process / Product Improvements and Sustainment Activities, primarily for Biotechnology Products / Processes and where required supporting other Product Engineering teams and other Business Units.
The successful candidate will be required to support the Product Engineering team by performing change management and documenting product specifications, training instructions, DOE’s, validation studies, product failure investigations, and problem-solving activities in accordance with company procedures.
- Support Material and Process Changes to existing products by team working with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), Scientific Laboratory Services (SLS), Marketing, and Sales, in accordance with the Change Management Process.
- Provide progress reports as part of Product Engineering projects and organise development and qualification batches.
- Perform and report on product / process validation activities & failure mode analysis of filters.
- Carrying out DOE’s and validation activities for new product & equipment introductions.
Knowledge & key skills:
- Technical background in materials sciences/chemical engineering (or similar).
- Knowledge of process validation procedures and techniques (e.g., Process and product FMEA, Ishikawa diagrams, Pareto analysis, parts, and process capability studies).
- Knowledge of new product development and product / process improvement techniques.
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications and Minitab knowledge of SAP and advantage.
If you are interested in being considered for the role or would like to find out more, hit ‘Apply Now’…
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities